· No light is to be lit in the house before the first star comes out. Dinner is served afterwards. An odd number of guests brings bad luck or death.
· The legs of the table are to be tied with a rope to protect the house from thieves in the following years.
· No one should sit with their back to the door.
· Dinner should consist of nine courses.
· No alcohol to be served on Christmas Eve.
· Getting up from the Christmas table before dinner is finished will bring bad luck and death.
· No one should leave anything on the plate.
· The first person to leave the table after dinner will be the first one to die in the coming year. Therefore everyone should get up from the table simultaneously.
· Leftover food should be buried around the trees. This will get a lot of fruit.
· All household animals should be fed after dinner.